Thursday, June 12, 2008

Decathaday.

This is a post I wrote last Thursday and never had time to publish...


Morning:

Woke up, had yogurt, gardened. Ate the first sweet, crunchy, fresh peas from our garden. Laundry folded, baths taken, domesticity everywhere.

Afternoon:

Very [challenging, rewarding, professionally satisfying, neat] recording session with this guy, who works with my friend and is really quite good -

Afternoon (2):

Out the window, I notice uniformed men randomly spraying chemicals on my spinach and cilantro. I say, "hey, not the garden!" and etc., and find out it's herbicides and pesticides. They say if the cilantro isn't dead by tomorrow, it's still safe to eat, and they'll watch out for the rest of our food. I call my landlord. I say, "heads up next time, please?" and etc.

Afternoon (3):

We continue our recording sess-

Afternoon (4):

I slather the little lady with sunscreen and send her out for her visit with Dad, bearing extra clothes, sand toys, three specific dolls and a pocket full of kisses.

Afternoon (5):

-ion.

I am really looking forward to hearing how it turned out. And cashing the check. But mostly the music part, of course. Of course.

Afternoon (6):

The little lady and her dad return, loudly. We decide to call the session.

Evening:

I drive the little lady to see her Dad play country blues at a Mexican restaurant. I idly wonder if the tomatoes on our nachos are riddled with salmonella.

Evening (2):

I return seven phone calls. We go and spend a gift card at the drugstore. Woozy, I buy some almonds and a vitamin water and some kind of women's magazine to revive myself.

Evening (3): In progress. The little lady is doing some kind of water experiment in the bathroom while I blog.

Perhaps I should go investigate that.

Update: She was washing her tummy.

:)

No comments: