Thursday, August 28, 2008

How I Spent My Summer Vacation

Since I have just noticed that it now gets dark before N.'s bedtime (which makes things much easier), I thought now would be a good time to do some kind of Summer Wrap-Up. As all three of you may remember, at the begininng of this summer I was feeling "plateau-y;" for the less erudite reader, that implies a blockage of creativity. Thankfully, I got over it. And so, without futher wordbutchery, I offer you Our Concrete Accomplishments of Summer '08:

1. We turned this garden

into these (and other) tasty vegetables:


2. We turned this

and this:


into this record, which will be out in a minute, but forget I told you, because I'm not doing any advance:

3. We made this dress for Giselle. And a matching one for N., who makes me wear the dress I wore to my mom's wedding (also purple) and dance around with her - this is called "Going to the Ball."


Sheesh. What else did we do? Made lots of pizzas,


went on the boat ride I vowed to go on when we moved here (and LOVED it),


went to like thirty-two beaches and playgrounds, and made next to no progress on the quilt. Ah well. Anycomplishment, this was one of the best summers ever. Seriously. Outranking several awesome summers I remember from my own childhood. Sigh. Thank you, summer. Love you.


1 comment:

Anne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.