Thursday, July 24, 2008

what IS this blog about?

I'm sure I don't know. Thus follows a series of photos, related only in that they were all taken by me, recently.


I got a free phone, in a shameless attempt by AT&T to trick us into signing another two-year contract. Which we, uh, did. So I crocheted my new phone a phat cozy. Yes, phat!

Then the little lady wanted one.

That phone came with her play kitchen. I adore it. ("2 Calls Today!")

**Non-existent Segueway**

For the first time, this week, I mustered up the courage to buy a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. This is after years of wistfully musing in the Goya section, picking up the can, quietly admitting, "not today," and putting it back next to the mango nectar.


So far I have made several chipotle-flavored dips, chipotle pizza, and the pasta salad featured above. A warning - given the fairly bland nature of most commercial "chipotle" sauces (good evening, Subway), I totally did not expect actual chipotle peppers to be that spicy. In fact, I was mistaken. They are not vindaloo-spicy, or even San-Loco-suicide-standing-on-the-corner-of-2nd-avenue-pouring-
a-quart-of-milk-from-the-deli-into-your-face spicy, but they do pack quite a zing.

What else could I blog about, you ask? Why, this tomato, of course.
It was our first. It took superhuman effort for N. not to eat it for the length of time it took me to take the picture. I am very proud.

No comments: