Friday, July 11, 2008

Variety Pack One

1. I filled a four-hour gig all by myself tonight, which surprised me. I reached all the way into the bottom of my song-bag, however, and eventually had to sing "Brown-Eyed Girl" in desperation. I also sang stuff by Taj Mahal and Duke Ellington though, so that's ok. Possibly. And of course, lots of songs by ME (now available at a digital retailer near you. "Ever get sick of my relentless plugging? Sure, we all do...")

2. I transplanted two tomato plants today, and am really hoping they don't die. My quilt progress is somewhat stalled. I need to do laundry, and other domestic news items.

3. Yesterday's Dialogue Between Me and My Child:

Child: Momma?

Me: Hmm?

Child: Momma?

Me: Yeah?

Child: Momma, could we get a time machine?

Me: What would you want to use it for?

Child: To make time go back and forth.

Me: We'll have to see.

No comments: